Girls on the Run of Monongalia County
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Girls on the Run combines training for a 5K (3.1 miles) running event with healthy living education. Our programs instill self-esteem and strong values through health education, life skills development, mentoring relationships, and physical training – all of which are accomplished through an active collaboration with girls and their parents, schools, volunteers, staff, and the community.
Girls on the Run
- Uses fun games to teach important skills and healthy habits
- Prepares girls to complete a local 5k run/walk event
- Encourages girls at all fitness levels
- Involves participants in a local community service project
- Is led by trained coaches who serve as positive role models for healthy living
- Provides participants with a t-shirt, water bottle, and snacks
- Provides each girl with a free running stride evaluation courtesy of HealthWorks Rehab & Fitness
- Open to girls in grades 3 – 5
- Find us on Facebook!